The tuition you pay reserves an exclusive weekly time in the schedule for your child. Unlike a doctor or a hairdresser, Shauna cannot re-sell that time nor will she create extra teaching time in which to give lessons. It is essential to maintain consistent instruction with your student to keep progress and motivation on track. The studio is run at full capacity so if a lesson is cancelled by the student rescheduling it may not be possible. However, you may check the Studio Calendar to see if another student has canceled.
- No payment credit will be provided for missed lessons. Due to the teacher’s limited availability, no makeup lessons will be offered for any reason. Be sure to choose a lesson time that is one in which you feel confident that you will have no other conflicts. In the unusual event of Shauna canceling a lesson, she will gladly reschedule at the earliest possible time.
- Swapping with another family are great solutions for not missing lessons.
Unavoidable Conflicts and Swap List:
Please use the Swap List (provided to each student) for any unavoidable conflict (i.e. your student has a sporting event, doctor’s appointment, birthday party). Use the Swap List if you do not want to forfeit that lesson. The family that is exchanging the lesson needs to let Shauna know the exchange information. No credits are given for lessons the student chooses to miss.
- The student exchange roster is given only to those families who have opted in.
- All exchanges must be done parent to parent. The teacher will not arrange changes for any student and students are never to arrange them for themselves.
- The parent who requested the exchange is responsible to email, text, or call Shauna within 24 hours.
- If two families show up for the same lesson time because the exchange was not confirmed properly, priority will go to the normally scheduled student(s) with no refund or rescheduling for the other student(s).
- Exchanges are not obligatory, they are reciprocal. If someone says NO to an exchange request, please respect that. If someone exchanges with you, however, be kind and return the favor when possible.
- The exchanges list is never to be used to solicit funds for schools or any other organization for any purpose including any kind of spam. Those who do so will be removed from the exchange list privilege. Please respect other’s privacy.
When you register for lessons, you are reserving your weekly lesson time for the teaching year. Shauna does not offer makeup lessons and or refunds for lessons cancelled by students.
If another studio cancels their lessons it will posted on the Studio Calendar page. If there is a suitable time available, simply register for the time. Rescheduling must take place within 5 days of the cancelled lesson, otherwise the lesson is forfeited. A Swap List is also offered to allow you to trade times with other students when unavoidable conflicts occur.
Written Notice for Cancellations:
It is expected that a parent will give written notice by email if a lesson is going to be cancelled. The more advance notice you give, the more you are helping other families find rescheduling solutions.
The studio will be open if roads are passable and weather permits. Please come if you are comfortable driving. Otherwise, please notify Shauna that you will not be coming, and the lesson will be made up at a mutually convenient time convenient. Students will not have a makeup lesson if the roads are passable and a student opts not to attend his or her lesson.